Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Inside My Head


Since doing all this research and having so many mouth and nose problems, I have been really paranoid about getting oropharyngial cancer.   Both my grandfather and uncle had tumors, one in the sinus, one in the salivary gland.   Goodness knows, I haven't exactly avoided any of the "risk factors"...
Anyhow, I went and got my head scanned-  and everything seems to be okay in there.  I'm guessing the only reason is because I haven't been able to drink alcohol in decades.

My brain is working differently though.    Now that I have calmed down it's possible to judge exactly how sick I was.  I was dangerously manic for at least 10 years.    The narcolepsy and dementia sort of masked the symptoms though...

I am a lot better.  Making real progress.   Getting healthier every day in every way.
But this "new improved" brain isn't interested in doing things it used to.   The new neurotransmitter configuration has other priorities. I had a lot of projects I was thinking of doing.   Now none of them are compelling.

I need to do another brain dump.    I have about 8 essays going, and need to round them up and put them out.   Nobody is ever going to read my stuff if I only have long rambling rants on one hand, and cryptic blog posts on the other...