Sunday, April 15, 2012

Things I wish I had known

85% of humans only breathe out of one nostril at a time.

Most of my life I would have been happy to breathe through just one nostril- ha.

This explains how I can now be symptom free.
About ten years ago I went to an ENT regarding my snoring.   He scanned my head and showed me my turbinates filled both cavities.   He told me of course I snored and it was really bad and he was going to schedule me for surgery right away.  But his secretary was obliged to tell me he owned the surgery center, so I passed.

He never once mentioned the possibility of infection.   Or dental problems. Or allergies.
That symptom remarkably disappeared at about 8 weeks gluten free.    I laid in bed one night and felt my sinus tissues "shrink" and my whole head clear.

It wasn't my imagination either.
My new scans show no inflammation.