Friday, June 29, 2012

I got nothin'

So here's a study I find amusing-

Is the Family Dinner Overrated?
Our research, published last month in the peer-reviewed Journal of Marriage and Family, shows that the benefits of family dinners aren’t as strong or as lasting as previous studies suggest.
That's because it was sheer nonsense from the beginning.  An artifact of socioeconomic status.
My mother believed it though.   She was convinced that if we all ate the four food groups together I would turn out to be a well balanced individual.    Ha.

(She also had to scream and wake me up to do the dishes after meals, but that's a totally different issue that has nothing to do with anything because I was just defiant and trying to make her angry...)

I suggest you sociologists do a study on the effect of false assumptions and unrealistic expectations on the family dynamic.