Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crazy Ladies

Women Infected With Common Parasite Have Increased Risk of Attempting Suicide
Women infected with the Toxoplasma gondii parasite, which is spread through contact with cat feces or eating undercooked meat or unwashed vegetables, are at increased risk of attempting suicide, according to a new study of more than 45,000 women in Denmark.
Toxoplasmosis probably does have psychoactive effects.   But I tend to think it's more of an obsession with animals than depression.  (That would explain my sister and her farm.)(not to mention militant vegetarians.)
This direct causation with suicide seems unlikely.   I bet depressed ladies are just more likely to have kitties.  Just sayin'.
I had a couple cats.   My depression went away when I changed my diet.  My sister's did too.
Just sayin'.

Update:  I was wrong.