Saturday, January 5, 2013

Things I wish I had known

Vitamin D 'improves eye sight of elderly'
When one-year-old mice were given vitamin D supplements - specifically, injected with safflower oil containing 0.9 micrograms of vitamin D every three days - deposits of a toxic molecule called amyloid beta were reduced.
Prof Jeffrey continued: "The mice showed an associated improvement of vision."
The researchers came up with the study idea after examining other findings showing vitamin D could reduce the build-up of amyloid plaques on the brain, which have been linked to the development of Alzheimer's disease .
I looked this up because I was noticing I can see better.  My eyes are less strained.  Freakin me out.  

This explains the desire to stay inside when ill.  Less light receptors...
Damn.  Another vicious cycle...