Saturday, February 9, 2013

Totally Off-Topic

I don't know if you have ever watched soap operas, but I enjoy them.  It's like sports to me- keeping track of all the characters and calculating the most dramatic possible scenario.

I've been tuning in The ABC soaps off and on since 1977.  Since TV is really barren and boring lately,  I started recording and watching it again after years away.  Anyhow, All My Children and One Life to Live went off the air (they are living on the web now) and only General Hospital is left.  But GH has poached a whole bunch of actors from the other two.  Which is fun because over the years almost all the casts have been on all the other shows as other characters. 

Anyhow, lately it's like a family reunion on hallucinogens. They are going all-in.  MetaCamp.  There are people coming back from the dead almost every day, evil twins dating other evil twins, and grown-up baby mixups from the past are now pregnant with the embryo swaps of the future.  Ooh look, Laura's coming back from "Switzerland" too.   It's a melodrama mobius strip.   And a constant cosmetic surgery memory game.  Who is that, what character are they now, and which facial feature is altered...

It's cracking me up.  Maybe not Cuna de Lobos legendary, but the most entertaining trash I've seen on TV in a long time. It's a great development in the genre.   I approve heartily.

Heather Webber, Lucy Coe and Todd Manning in the asylum together.  Pointing and calling eachother crazy.  Glorious.