Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Next year will be even better

Back when I first recovered, I thought this would be so easy and I wouldn't have to do anything.   I took my idea to Dr. Mignot, and figured he would be glad to take credit for it, and that the gluten effects would be proven and big news within six months.  He haughtily dismissed me.
After I found others who told him the same thing before me, I realized this was a feature not a bug, and the enormity of the battle ahead.   It triggered a panic attack of unprecedented proportion.  We were on our own.   And despite my manic determination, I was certainly too fragile to do it myself.  We would have to find each other and work together to overcome our impediments.
It's been seven years.  I never imagined it would work this quickly.   I really thought it would kill me first...

You are the most awesome people on the planet.  Thank you all so much.   All of you who have benefited by and contributed to our understanding over all these years.  I have learned something from every one of you.    You people have truly improved my quality of life in countless undefinable dimensions. 

This year I would especially like to mention:
Zia, for being there first and giving me the confidence to believe in my own experience.   And for keeping up the good fight.
Nikki, for attending the FDA meeting.
Christina, for your years of intense scholarly dedication to finding the truth, and months of preparation for your presentation at the conference.   You Rock Our World.
Gina,  Kimberly, and Lydia,  for making the trip, evangelizing like angels,  and being in the backup band with me.
Annie and my buddy Jamie.   for their inspirational success and optimism.
And Sarah.   I can never thank you enough. I wanted to run a forum, but I just couldn't... You are a brave researcher and GFPWN is an invaluable resource.   The only sane place we have. 
(I know you guys think I am unaware of all your progress, but you are wrong.   I did used to worry people weren't listening, but now there are so many of you I just can't handle the crowd.  It pains me that I can't contribute more.  #ZombieIrony.)

Thanks to all of you, I believe we are ready for Stage Three of the Zombie Liberation.
     1.  Figure out what causes zombies.
     2.  Find and reanimate zombies.
     3.  Activate the Zombie Army.  

Now that we have reached a critical mass...  I think it's time to start the Revolution.
We have collected enough data from ourselves and the literature to counteract any arguments that this is a figment of our imaginations.

We need to get some real press.  That's your assignment for this year-  tell your story.   Not just blogging-  we need to get in some newspapers or magazines.    Local and specialty presses like health or fitness mags might be interested.
And drum up any other publicity you can. 
Make a point to go over to NN and post reality based information on their forum.  I will hold my nose and pester them too.
Countertweet their bullshit Nchats with facts.
Attend a local support group if there is one.
Do what you can.  Pay it forward.  That's what I do.
Gina is setting up a new website to consolidate a lot of resources.  We also have some preliminary ideas about setting up a non-profit and hiring an administrator to coordinate future gatherings and funding some research.
I am going to write this article:  How Sleep Medicine Creates Sleep Disorders.    I have a couple ideas of science journalists who might be interested, but if you have publishing advice... I really could use some...

After that I really am going to purge my brain and write a book on the more general aspects of chronic infection.  The insane history of insanity.  How the spectrum really works.  How psychs create mental illness.  Uh huh.

In the meantime-  our medical madness has gone on long enough.

It's time to give the Doctor-Pharma Cartel a taste of their own medicine.
Crank up their cognitive dissonance and disable their reflexes.
Start the information barrage, my dear friends.
Let's induce some bureaucratic cataplexy.