Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Groundhog Day

New Clues to How the Brain Maps Time
The same brain cells that track location in space appear to also count beats in time. The research suggests that our thoughts may take place on a mental space-time canvas.
I am real interested in this lately.   The tinnitus really messed up my sense of navigation.  The ears seem to sense direction.  
The Keflex blew away my sequencing ability too.    This has made it extremely difficult to adjust to a new city and climate.  I do okay on my familiar paths now, but traveling has been a real challenge.

Now that I feel better, I am trying to be more deliberate in memorizing things that used to be automatic.   Rebuild my internal map and circadian schedule.   Hippocampal basic training. 

Do the next thing.  All day.
Wake up and start over again.