Thursday, March 10, 2016

State of the Kitchens

So this is what I have been doing instead of blogging:    Renovating apartments.   After we moved down here from Seattle we bought a couple of older apartment buildings and have been updating them.   So now instead of one kitchen, I have fourteen....   I may never get around to doing the cabinets in my house.

Lately I have been working on my cute vintage fourplex.     The last couple weeks I have been obsessing on this unit because it was almost done, I wanted to see it.   I had such anxiety when I started it, thought I would never finish.
We replaced almost all the fixtures and scraped and painted everything.
This kitchen turned out really well.  The cabinet is an odd size, so I refurbished it.   I took off all the hinges and handles and soaked them in a crock pot to get fifty years of paint off them.   

I don't have internet over there, so I usually just breathe paint or cleaning fumes and just think.   About strep.  and insanity.   and stuff.