Sunday, November 25, 2018

Psychodermatology

While I am reminiscing... How I spent the last lame duck session:
Feeling like my hair was on fire.   Not kidding.

Right after Thanksgiving 2016 my skin got so dehydrated from living here that my scalp rebelled.
I had been coloring my hair since 1980.  I put the solution on my head as usual and took a shower and tried to blow it dry.   My head started itching immediately, and within a couple hours all my hair follicles were blisters and my entire scalp puffed up like a biscuit.   I got a dent on the side of my head where my glasses arms were too tight.

I immediately cut off about 8 inches.  And tried everything  I could think of.   Oils, salves, took antihistamines....  most of them just made it worse.
It itched so bad it made me insane.   I couldn't sleep in any position.
I ended up getting a fleece hat, soaking it and my hair, and walking around with a wet head for a week. 
Totally serious.

 A couple months later I figured out the aloe/olive oil mix.
That helped a lot, but I never colored my hair again.
And it grew back in white.

I became a White Walker during the transition.
And obsessed with dehydration.
Go figure.