Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Well how about that

Exposure to Common Environmental Bacteria May Be Source of Some Allergic Inflammation
Could some cases of asthma actually be caused by an allergic reaction to a common environmental bacteria? New research suggests that this idea may not be as far-fetched as it seems. In a research report appearing in the February 2012 print issue, researchers show a link between common environmental bacteria and airway inflammation. Specifically, their research suggests that some strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa cause white blood cells to produce very high levels of histamine, which in turn leads to inflammation, a hallmark symptom of asthma.
Somebody please explain to me why medical researchers think this is a far-fetched idea.
I was told my asthma was due to the bad relationship between me and my mother. I was nine, but still knew that was a load of crap.

My research indicates unrecognized allergies to common pathogens are a very prevalent source of disease.