Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sleepwalk With Me

Mike Birbiglia has a new movie about his REM behavior disorder.  Jeff and I went to see it last night.

This is Seattle, there was a big crowd, the whole theater was filled-  with frakkin zombies.
The ratio of fat red-headed people was out of control.   It was like an oompa-loompa convention.   I lost count before we even left the lobby. 

And then the movie started.
It's a good movie, it is.  He's really cute and funny and it has a ton of my favorite actors and the story is a familiar tale of navigating impulse control problems.    But watching him eat pizza and then literally run in his sleep, well, that made this crazy old lady twitch and cry through the whole thing.

I really didn't want to see the movie, though.  I usually make an effort not to torment myself that way.
It was an intervention.    He was in town for the screening.  I spent the day and made him a Zombie Survival Kit.   Bought some gluten free food and mouth rinse.  Put the dentist book and a letter in there explaining why.   After the show he had a little Q&A session.   I leapt up after that and got to the front in time to give him the bag, but not really speak.

Hopefully he will read it and stop by the website and get better soon.
Stop Sleepwalking with me instead.