Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Why I came back

Because I remember a different world.

When morbid obesity was the exception, not taken for granted.
When children drank milk and ate eggs and went outside to play.
When infection was a cause of disease.
When doctors had patients instead of protocols.
When psychology was greeted with skepticism and dismissal.
When antidepressants and meth and oxycodone didn't exist.
When medical research alleviated human suffering instead of making corporations rich.
When big business didn't own the food and drug companies and the government agencies that regulate them.
When TV wasn't all pathology all the time.
When politicians and the people who vote for them had some sense of the common good.

Because I remember a world where crazy didn't rule.
And insanity truly is the root of the problem.  Nothing will change until we address that.

So, even if I can't do much, and I am constantly frustrated, and I just want to ignore it all- I will keep screaming into the void.