Friday, March 20, 2015

Brain Eating Zombie of the Day

Hadley Freeman

I had anorexia – but not because I wanted to look like a fashion model
A French plan to ban skinny women from the catwalk ignores the fact that anorexia is an illness. We need to look at the causes not outcomes of self-loathing.
Yes, yes we do.
Eating disorders are the only mental illness that people still assume is caused by something identifiable and external. No sensible person would ask anyone why they became schizophrenic, why they suffer from clinical depression. But eating disorders are different, and this is partly because of the behaviour of those who suffer from them. In the grip of the disorder, your world shrinks to the size of a pinhole: your brain fixates entirely on weight, calories; and, if you’re underweight, being so cold it feels like you have icicles for bones.
Yes, that's called hypothermia.  It's an indication of Endotoxemia- an intensely studied effect of infection and sepsis.
But you don't know that because crazy psychs have convinced the world otherwise.
So why did I stop eating? Because I was unhappy. Because I didn’t know how to express it vocally. Because I didn’t understand I was allowed to respond to my own needs. Because I was scared of growing up. The specific causes of eating disorders are varied, but those factors are pretty common.
They told you that bullshit.   And you believed it.  

Anorexia is a primary symptom of systemic infection.   You were sick.  And insulin resistant. To the point of nausea.
And every doctor and "medical professional" you consulted failed to notice that fact.   
That's why.

You're lucky you got better, not worse.
You are clearly aware of what happens when it gets worse.
Now stop validating the lie and perpetuating the cycle.