Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Expensive Holes in his Head

Story Three:
About 15 years ago, I had occasion to consult with a fancy Upper East Side dental surgeon who specialized in cosmetic work. The circumstances are unimportant, though he did notice that I was getting older and might want to consider implants or veneers since he said I had made my teeth considerably smaller over the years by grinding them. An occupational hazard, I guess.
The dentist was momentarily called away, and when he returned to the conference room where I waited, he had a set of teeth molds in his hand.
“Do you know what these are?” he asked with a smirk. Then, without waiting for an answer, added: “Donald Trump’s teeth.”
The dentist said Trump would come to the office every six months or so complaining that his veneers weren’t white enough.
“I tell him that if they are too white, they won’t look real,” the dentist said, as I recall, “but he won’t listen. So he picks a shade, and I make them about one-quarter as white as the shade he selects, and he goes away happy.”

Yes....  as I said....
Not only is trauma or infection or neglect able to cause this acute systemic response- many of the treatments actually trigger and compound the pathology.     

Treatments like full mouth reconstruction and tooth whitening.... 

Oh holy hell....
Ben Carson Loses A Tooth At South Carolina Campaign Stop
His veneers are falling out of his head.