Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bright Side of Brain Damage

Rappers' Brains: Relaxed 'Executive Function' May Enable Freestyle Raps
The results parallel previous imaging studies in which Braun and Charles Limb, a doctor and musician at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, looked at fMRI scans from jazz musicians. Both sets of artists showed lower activity in part of their frontal lobes called the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex during improvisation, and increased activity in another area, called the medial prefrontal cortex. The areas that were found to be ‘deactivated’ are associated with regulating other brain functions.
Suppressed frontal cortex.  
Enhanced medial cortex.    

Very easily induced by-
Orexin deficiency.
Dopamine mimicry.
 
For the record, I do not feel like I "wrote" either one of my websites.   They were completely done in my head before I even started typing.   I just transcribed what was there.