Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Narcolepsy Day

Today is the day when the whole country binges on carbs and takes a nap.
And I give thanks that I don't.

This year I am especially grateful. 
I survived last winter's illness.  That was kind of crucial.

I live where I always wanted to be.  That's real nice.
I finally feel like I'm home.

But really most importantly-
I now feel that all my screaming into the void hasn't been in vain. 
There is now enough evidence to show maybe I wasn't crazy all this time.
And there are enough of you out there who understand this illness  that I am confident the information will not die with me.  Some of you are experts in the parts I don't even understand.  All of us together CAN figure this whole thing out.   I am sure of that.

And you people know how important it is.  More than anyone.  Your motivation comes from the deepest understanding of suffering imaginable.   You will not let this information fade back into the ages. 

I think I am starting to relax now.
As Gina said to me in Denver, and I actually believed her-

"We Got This."