Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekend Research

The new strain of cannabis that could help treat psychosis
Although widely seen as a potential trigger for schizophrenia, marijuana also contains an ingredient that appears to have antipsychotic effects. Tom Ireland visits the UK’s only licensed cannabis farm and meets the man responsible for breeding a plant that might be of benefit to millions.
He works for a pharma.   This is not fringe science, people.  They just want you to think it is until they get their patents authorized.
 
They sell high CBD strains in the dispensaries here.   I find it does have the opposite effect of the high THC sativa strains that I use.  Makes me tired and unmotivated and gives me a headache.  I have not found it that useful.  
 
It may be because of some metabolic effect.   It may be altering glucose and insulin function like the other antipsychotics.   I am kind of sensitive to that.
I'm not septic right now, though.   Maybe I will save the rest for an immune episode.  Knock myself out instead of destroy my furniture.  Ha.