Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Acyclovir

Just thought I'd discuss dosing, since I never have.

Standard dosing is 800 mg of acyclovir per day.
I had to take 1200 to suppress my symptoms.

I am now on 1000 Valtrex instead. I like it better.
But if I go out in the sun I need to take another half tablet at night or I get headaches again.

Gluten used to nullify the effects immediately. Within an hour I would have a migraine. This last time it took about a week of cheating to feel the effects. I started getting a lesion so restricted my diet again.

I have another illness right now though. Your mileage may vary.

Anyhow, both my sister and my mother had intractable headaches for many years. I cringe at the thought of all the procedures they endured. They too went into complete remission within a week of acyclovir treatment.

You will have to pry those pills out of our cold dead hands....