Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yo Dentists

Boy Sues His Orthodontist After Having Braces On for 11 Years
Bost, now 22, is turning to the court to help get to the bottom of the mystery and hopefully get restitution for his pain, suffering, and what Bost believes are permanent injuries to his teeth, mouth and gums. According to the lawsuit, Bost suffered from serious tooth decay and periodontal disease because of his eleven-year battle with the alignment devices.
I am beginning to believe orthodontia is a lot more risky than you people are letting on.   You seem to think it is just a nice way to extract more money from parents of means.
I had braces for 9 years.   They put them on before I even had all my teeth.  Got them off for my 21st(!) birthday.    I truly believe the constant mouth trauma inflicted by the hardware caused my bruxism and facilitated and accelerated my migraines and manic disorder.
You might want to consider the true costs and benefits of your procedures.  Because I've got a feeling someday someone is going to sue you for their oral infection induced insanity...

by the way- my friend Sue has the "Invisilign" appliances- and the rubber trays seem to breed bacteria too...