Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ask my Exes

Newly separated most at risk of suicidal thoughts
Men and women are most likely to have suicidal thoughts within a year of a marriage or de-facto relationship breakup, new ANU research has found.
The vulnerability may be due to the trauma of the breakup, along with subsequent changes in social networks affecting people's sense of belonging, said lead author of the study Dr Philip Batterham, from the ANU Centre for Mental Health Research.
"The prevalence of suicidal thoughts among recently separated men and women is three times higher than for those who remain married, or in de-facto relationships," he said
People who are depressed have an enhanced sense of error.   They think they make terrible mistakes all the time.  Those people are more likely to believe their marriage is doomed, they are also more likely to regret it after they end it.

My Primary Symptom when I am sick is I want to divorce my husband.

Luckily this one knows that now.   Me too.