Sunday, January 17, 2016

My Two Cents

Is suicide a tragic variant of an evolutionarily adaptive set of behaviors?
According to Joiner et al., when individuals believe that others or society as a whole will be better off without them, they miscalculate the worth of their lives and conclude that their deaths will be more valuable. This misperception, in conjunction with a tendency toward self-sacrifice, may then result in the individual's death by suicide. This represents a devastating variant of what otherwise is an adaptive tendency.

Yes, well that's all very theoretical and shit.
I might even agree, it seems I always want to make a dramatic outgoing social statement when I consider offing myself...

But this kind of speculation doesn't at all give us a way to stop this insidious metamorphosis.
That's all that really matters.

It seems very clear to me that this deranged level of hypervigilance is caused by occult septic delirium.
Undiagnosed infections.
We're very sick, we feel like we're going to die imminently anyway- might as well make it worth it....