Friday, January 6, 2017

Article Roundup

Another organ has been hiding in your belly all along

Higher Dementia Risk Linked to Living Near Heavy Traffic
Air pollutants may get into the blood stream and brain.   Yep.

Sex hormone-sensitive gene complex linked to premenstrual mood disorder
"This is a big moment for women's health, because it establishes that women with PMDD have an intrinsic difference in their molecular apparatus for response to sex hormones - not just emotional behaviors they should be able to voluntarily control," said Goldman.


Promising new drug stops spread of melanoma by 90 percent

Unpublished research calls into question efficacy of common morning sickness drug
Special thanks to this researcher.   Good work.

Lack of joy from music linked to brain disconnection
Yeah, I have had this since the Keflex.   Before that I listened to music in headphones constantly.   Then my ears shrieked so bad I couldn't.   That shit surely trashed my ears.
Which were obviously not so great in the first place...

Stuttering linked to reduced blood flow in area of brain associated with language
I am beginning to think this is caused by auditory nerve infiltration by microbes. That goes to Broca's area.  That would explain why I have never been able to speak under stress.