Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Research Results

Tics and things:

Well, the verbal tics are back and definitely associated with the upper molars, not the bottom.
I am talking again,  and today the gap between my upper rear two molars had something sharp stuck in it.   I could hear the nerve firing in my ear when I woke up.  My teeth were chattery too.  Didn't realize that was a symptom, I associate shivering with cold  and dehydration.
I am not having the shoulder spasms that radiate down to my rib cage and tailbone and knees and drop me to the floor, though.  That's really nice.  Really improves my quality of life.  Ha.

There's a guy who made a tooth retainer thing that puts pressure between the upper and lower molars.   He thinks it's the position of the jaw that is wrong.   I am pretty sure that he's not really addressing the problem though.  This is definitely related to tissue damage.  I think he's just smashing the nerves that are inflamed...


Parotid Research

I believe I have found a way to drain the parotid gland.
I put an "end tuft toothbrush" in my shower to do this with the rest of my routine.  The spongy swabs do not seem to be strong enough for this procedure.




The parotid salivary gland is located behind your molars and in front of your ear.
The duct runs down along your upper jaw and drains out of the cheek outside the upper molars.

I have found that you need to trigger it on the inside of the teeth though.
I take the back of the little toothbrush and push against the jaw above the rear molar.  I can't describe it exactly, but it's up there where the tooth roots are. I usually have to try a couple different places.
There's a spot up there that if you push and HOLD for a couple seconds it will activate the draining sequence.    It's sort of like a windshield washer unit-   If you push and hold it, a second or so later it will pump a few times and then drain into your mouth.  Then you want to use the swab.  Heh.

It's very odd, but it seems to work and I have tried it numerous times just to check I'm not imagining it.  And my cheekbones are now more prominent and my entire face is slimmer.   I sure could have used this advice when I was 17 and obsessed with cheekbones...

(I will now add this suggestion to the shower post.) 


Later:   and since these two things are more or less in the same place, I will now clearly have to research those nerves....
Same as it ever was.

Update:   I put my electric toothbrush on that spot and it worked really well.   Maybe too well for some people- the vibrations were sort of shocking and the gag reflex pretty strong.