Sunday, April 5, 2020

A ketogenic diet, mild exercise, and rigorous hygiene measures are in order

*bumping back up top*

Coronavirus symptoms include a runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache and a fever that can last for a couple of days.

Yeah, aside from the fever, that's pretty much the baseline existence of a lot of people with narcolepsy.

I am wondering if we will be more resilient or more susceptible to this novel infection.

I have a feeling this might have a paradoxical effect.
To be less lethal in people with suppressed infections, similar to the Obesity  paradox.
But create more subsequent bacterial complications and narcolepsy in healthy individuals, similar to the pandemic influenzas.

In either case, if your symptoms get drastically worse, that's a symptom of infection- you need to stop eating junk altogether and start cleaning your head multiple times a day to prevent subsequent bacterial infiltration.

Right now I'm trying to reduce existing breathing issues and jump start my immune system.

I'm drinking some white tea every afternoon.

I'm going outside and getting sun on my face.
It is getting close to the equinox, and you should be able to get some sunshine if you aren't too far north.  Take vitamin D in any case.

It's kind of warm here in Arizona and I have already turned on my evap cooler to hydrate my nose and lungs.  It's very nice, my eyes have stopped weeping and  I have stopped sneezing.  Folks without one may want to do some sessions in front of a humidifier.   (Not when you are lying down, we are trying to avoid pneumonia.)
Saline or olive oil on a swab up your nose for two minutes helps a lot too.

If you smoke, you should find a vape you can tolerate, so you don't get sicker.   Or get some gum or lozenges.  Seriously, nicotine is actually antiseptic, it tightens up leaky epithelium, it's all the other crap in cigarettes that kills you. 

Oh yeah, I always forget this because it's been impossible for me to drink for so long-
You should probably cut out alcohol too.  Yeah, definitely.    I know, this seems like the worse possible time for that... 

Keep up the good fight.