Saturday, September 26, 2020

New Research Results

I have been thinking about/researching nasal administration of vitamin D.
I don't know why I haven't thought of it before. It seems like I should have...
Other people have thought of it before, though. There are some studies.

Oral vitamin D supplementation reduces chronic rhinitis, irritation in the nose. I have been telling y'all that for years.
And low vitamin D is associated with COVID, which enters and attaches through the nose.
Makes sense. So, finally my brain put them together...

A few experiments have been done with inhalable vitamin D spray, and it does pass through the membranes of the nose and lungs, raising serum levels. Most of the spray on the market is for the mouth though, and has sweeteners and other stuff in the mix.
I didn't see any articles just wiping VitD oil up the nostrils with a swab. Topical VitD has been tested on nasal cell cultures though, and there was no toxicity.
So I tried that. And it's lovely. I like it a lot.
I've been wiping olive oil up my nostrils for years. It has helped my breathing so much.
This week I put olive oil up the left nostril and VitD oil up the right.
Right side definitely wins. Way less inflammation and cracking and dripping.
(3 drops on a swab tip, stick it up there, wipe it around. Use separate swab for other nostril.)

I'm not inhaling the oil into the sinuses, it's probably not great for that, but I will try to figure out a snortable water soluble mist next.


related article I found along the way:
Intranasal vitamin A is beneficial in post-infectious olfactory loss